Looking to join an Employee Owned Company?
Apply today to join our employee ownership team and be part of shaping the future and people lives. Itec was founded 40 years ago and we are one of the most vocationally diverse employee owned independent training providers. Delivering Apprenticeships, Jobs Growth Wales +, Restart and Commercial contracts we provide qualifications, education and employability skills supporting the social and economic potential of the people and communities in which we work.
Are you passionate about helping young people, making a difference, and creating positive life changing opportunities for young people?
If so, we have the ideal opportunity for you! We are looking to recruit a hardworking, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Youth Tutor. With this opportunity you could create a positive impact and change in a young person life.
Salary Banding: £21,500 - £23,000 based on skills and Experience
Contract type: Full time Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Delivering training sessions using a variety of teaching methods to engage, support and motivate learners to enhance their skills and progression opportunities
- Develop creative lesson plans incorporating differentiated teaching styles and activities to ensure a quality learning experience
- Planning and supporting the learner in their individual learning journey
- Supporting learners to achieve their qualifications to a quality standard in a timely fashion
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working with young people and passionate about making a difference
- Engaging and inspirational training / delivery style
- Qualified or willing to work towards, CAVA qualification / 8375 practitioners Award Level 3 or equivalent qualifications
- Ability to speak Welsh desirable
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner.
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyesight care scheme
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS discount card
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post