Looking to join an Employee Owned Company?
Apply today to join our employee ownership team and be part of shaping the future and people lives. Itec was founded 40 years ago and we are one of the most vocationally diverse employee owned independent training providers. Delivering Apprenticeships, Jobs Growth Wales +, Restart and Commercial contracts we provide qualifications, education and employability skills supporting the social and economic potential of the people and communities in which we work.
Are you passionate about helping young people, making a difference, and creating positive life changing opportunities for young people?
If so, we have the ideal opportunity for you! We are looking to recruit a hardworking, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Youth Counsellor. With this opportunity you could create a positive impact and change in a young person life.
Salary Banding: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum
Location: South East Wales
No remote working available for this role
Contract type: - Permanent, Full time
Working Pattern: - Monday to Friday 9:00am – 4.30pm
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Adhering to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Displaying all values and personal moral qualities in line with the BACP Ethical Framework.
- Working within the ethical principles of the BACP good practice in counselling.
- Undertaking group and individual counselling therapy sessions, face to face or remotely via telephone or appropriate digital platforms.
- Responsible for agreeing a counselling contract with each learner to determine session content.
- Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with learners. .
- Working in partnership with external organisations, in relation to signposting, referrals, and organising talks / workshops.
- Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities and duties..
- Develop, facilitate and co-ordinate group training sessions for learners and employees.
- Recording and maintaining records, meetings and other associated documents.
- Effectively work with the delivery teams in supporting learners address barriers to positive progression.
- To support the business and centres with other activities as required.
- Provide guidance, support and advice to all learners and staff, as appropriate.
- A recognised diploma or degree in Counselling. Experience of working with young people and adults in a counselling setting.
- A member of the BACP or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
- Accredited member of BACP or equivalent
- Fluent in Welsh
- Knowledge of training industry.
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner.
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyesight care scheme
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS discount card
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post