Work Placement Coordinator (Temporary until 31 July 2023)
Hours: 37 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Reference Number: 3732
An exciting opportunity to join the Commercial and Business Development Team at Blackburn College
The Business Development Team is responsible for organising Work Placements and Apprenticeships, engaging employers for student career development opportunities.You will be part of a busy team, supporting placement targets and delivering excellent customer service to students and employers, via telephone, online and face to face.
You will have a passion for helping others develop and learn and you may already have experience of working in education, careers, youth work or events and sales.
As a Work Placement Coordinator working within the Business Development and External Engagement Department you will coordinate and monitor work placements across the 16-19 study programme and A-Level provision.
As a suitably qualified individual with experience of communicating with employers of all sizes and sectors and supporting employer relationships you will liaise with employers to find and develop work placement opportunities and support the quality assurance processes. You will support students to ensure successful work placement outcomes. You will also have the ability to adapt to changing landscapes within FE, both curriculum and government priorities.
As an individual you will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Blackburn College values diversity and is committed to creating a diverse workforce.
We offer generous annual leave of 35 days, plus bank holidays and up to six discretionary days per year (pro rata, for part time employees)
- A choice of pensions with either the Teachers Pension Scheme or Aviva which include generous contributions made by the College.
- Discounted membership of Blackburn Sports and Leisure Centre which is situated on the College Campus.
- Several food outlets with a variety of menu choices, plus discounted Starbucks.
- A full range of professional discounted Hair and Beauty services provided by the Academy Salon.
- Professional bakery offering variety of fresh breads, cakes and ready meals.
- Family friendly policies.
Next Steps - Please press AAPLY and we shall send you full details
Should you wish to have a chat about the opportunity in more detail then please telephone Alison Thompson, Work Placement Operations Manager on 01254 292356 We’d be delighted to invite you to join us for a chat and view our facilities.