Job Title: Vocational / Employability Tutor / Lecturer
Salary: 20,000 - 28,000
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent (3 days per week)
Juniper are an innovative, flexible and experienced provider in delivering training solutions to individuals and businesses in Wolverhampton and throughout the Midlands. We are listed on the Governments Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers and are rated as GOOD by Ofsted in all areas of provision.
Job Outline & Purpose
- To deliver a good quality of education to groups of students
- To deliver vocational and/or employability qualifications, in line with awarding body requirements
- To mark, assess and provide constructive feedback on students' vocational and/or employability portfolio evidence
- Contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention to provide excellent CEIAG and support (including SEND) to students
- To safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
- To plan training to meet criteria and standards for vocational and/or employability qualifications, as well as the students' individual needs
- To deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions, so that students develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSBs)
- To engage external speakers (employers, business people, progression and support agencies) in order to enhance the learning experience
- To plan and facilitate enterprise/community projects
- To ensure that students work skills are developed and that they are ready for working life, or further learning, by the time they leave Juniper
- To provide cover, where necessary, for other tutors
- To carry out initial assessment activities to identify individual needs, and develop Support Plans, to ensure that students are well-supported and achieve their learning goals
- To mark, assess and map units for vocational and/or employability portfolios and develop students' spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPaG) skills
- To conduct and document meaningful student reviews, as per procedures, so that students understand the progress they are making and how they can develop their KSBs further
- Invigilate exams, as appropriate
- Apply for access arrangements for students' assessment and exams, in line with awarding body guidelines and requirements
- To complete all required documentation in accordance with laid down procedures to meet both contractual and internal requirements
- Ensure that student attendance & retention targets are met, with absences robustly followed up
- To achieve targets to meet contractual/Dashboard obligations
As part of our safer recruitment processes, all roles will require: a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the level of which will be clearly outlined in the job specification; references and identity checks.
All Juniper employees are expected to understand their duties and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and full training will be provided as part of our onboarding process.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Tutor, Head of Careers, Head of Courses, College Team Leader, College Trust Coordinator, Volunteer Recruitment Officer, College Recruiter, College Selection, Assessor, Apprenticeship Assessor, Employment Tutor, General Administration, College Assessor, Course Promoter, Business Development, Customer Relationship Officer, will all be considered.