Are you passionate about making a real different to children with SEN?
Are you looking for a teaching role that gives you the ability to tailor your teaching style and show your true potential as a teacher?
Then this SEN tutor role will be perfect for you!
Powertutors is looking for SEN experienced tutors, teaching assistants, cover teachers or teachers who are looking for flexible and rewarding work.
This SEN tutor role involves:
- working with children with Special Education Needs and providing face to face support to children with ASD, ADHD, PDA, SEMH or PMLD at their homes or a local centre e.g., town hall, library or a centre;
- planning lessons and resources around the student s needs. This could be in the core subjects or life skills;
- plan and deliver engaging sessions;
- apply skills to raise pupils confidence;
- manage children with challenging behaviour;
- track the learning progress of the student to achieve their desired learning outcomes and being able to provide monthly reports;
- potentially engage in outdoor activities such as learning about plants and nature with the student,
- learn about visuals to communicate in some cases.
This tutor role involves:
We have some great students who need extra support each week with core subject support at primary and secondary level. Many of our students have ASD, ADHD and SEMH which requires them to be tutored by an experienced and understanding tutor who can support his needs and develop their knowledge. Experience in these areas is necessary and tuition is normally up to 20 hours per week, term time only.
- planning lessons and resources around the student s needs.
- plan and deliver engaging sessions online or face to face;
- raise pupils confidence;
- track the learning progress of the student to achieve their desired learning outcomes;
How it works?
You will be working as a self employed tutor and our dedicated team at Powertutors will be referring suitable work to you. This could be for in any of the year groups on 1-2-1 basis after school or daytime for students who are currently being home-schooled.
The work is fitted around your availability.
Experience working with SEND students and a valid enhanced child workforce DBS are both essential.
Please also note that the salary is dependent on qualifications.