- Job Reference: 296101113
- Date Posted: 9 February 2024
- Recruiter: Newcastle Perms (296)
- Website: https://www.pertemps.co.uk/
- Location: Walsall
- Salary: £30,000
- Bonus/Benefits: 25 days+ bank holiday rising to 30 days, 7% Employer Pension scheme
- Sector: Assessor / Skills Coach
- Job Type: Permanent
Trainer Assessor- Location: Walsall
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Trainer/Assessor with experience in Engineering to join this “Outstanding” Ofsted-rated Training Provider who has a strong commitment to providing quality education and training in the Engineering sector.
Job Title: Trainer/Assessor- Engineering
• Company: National Training Provider
• Location: West Midlands- Hybrid based
• Contract Duration: Permanent
• Contract Hours of work- Mon-Thurs 0900-1700 and finish at 3pm on a Friday
• Salary: £up to £33000 per annum
• 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays rising to 30 days
• Long service awards
• Employer Pension Contributions of up to 7%
Typical duties of the Apprenticeship Skills Coach- Engineering will include:
• To coach, mentor, and guide learners who are engaged in Engineering apprenticeship programs
• Deliver inspiring coaching and assessment sessions to groups and individual learners.
• Actively support, mentor, and motivate learners across the learner journey to help them with the timely completion of their learning aims and qualifications.
• Support and coach the learners with Functional Skills in Maths and English
• Set individual targets for each learner based on the capability to ensure KPIs are met
• Manage your diary so that agreed contact with learners is achieved.
• Identify and assess learners' needs and put in place robust learning plans, with realistic and challenging goals, that enable learners to understand their personal journey and realise their potential.
• Observe, mark, and review work produced by learners to ensure it is of the appropriate standard to reflect the learner's qualification and meet the needs of the qualification.
• Provide insightful, constructive, and informative feedback to help the learner maximize their potential
• Ensuring all IT systems are up to date and meet funding compliance
• Coaching and guiding the learners to the End Point Assessment.
Skills and Experience Required for the Trainer/Assessor- Engineering
• Be Assessor Qualified e.g., TAQA, CAVA, A1, or be willing to work towards
• Ideally hold a recognised Teaching Qualification would be desirable- PTLLS, Award in Education and Training
• Hold a level 3 or above in an Engineering discipline
• Be passionate about teaching, learning and assessment
• Knowledge and experience in coaching and assessing apprenticeship Standards at levels 3 and in a range of Engineering subjects such as Lean, Mechanical Engineering
• Previous experience working in an Engineering/Manufacturing role
• Proven track record in achieving Targets and Quality Standards
• Full UK driving license and own car
For further information please contact Pertemps Newcastle on 0191 3000513