KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills and Employability sectors.
Trainee Weapons Tutor / Trainer
Centre Based delivery in North Wiltshire
£34,000 – £37,000
Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Pension + Much More!
: Full Time, Permanent – 37 hours per week
*Full training and support is provided to achieve the level 4 Teaching Qualification*
Essential Criteria for all candidates:
Unqualified Tutors will undergo training and support to complete a Level 4 Teaching Qualification and become a fully-fledged Trainer.
- Hold OR be willing to work towards a Level 4 Teaching Qualification.
- Minimum CGLI City & Guilds part 3 or above, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent military qualification
- Must hold a minimum 5 years’ experience in Engineering
- Good technical skills and able to demonstrate excellent engineering hand skills
- BSC Level 1 Working Safety
- BSC Level 2 Supervising Staff Safely OR IOSH Managing Safely
- IT Literate (Powerpoint/Word)
- Confident to deliver classroom based / group training
- Deliver high quality training in all aspects of Weapons repair and maintenance (stripping and assembling, fault finding and repairs).
- Coach, support and motivate learners throughout their training programme
- Prepare lesson plans and training material, ensuring content is current, reflects new technology and equipment advances and is developed in accordance with the approved Course Training Plans.
- Monitor student development, provide feedback and revision training as required.
- Create, invigilate and assess practical and written examinations/assessments and progression tests.
- Ensure that Health and Safety requirements, COSHH, Security and Engineering Hygiene and Cleanliness within the training is maintained.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.