Trainee Teaching Assistant
Cheshire Secondary School
£375 - £425 per week
About the role
Are you looking to start a career in education?
Are you passionate about supporting young people?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can be instrumental in making a difference to young people's lives?
Become a Trainee Teaching Assistant! No previous experience necessary, just a love for helping others!
Vision For Education are excited to provide this bespoke and incredible opportunity. We are currently working in partnership with our client schools in Oldham and throughout Greater Manchester, to provide the successful Trainee Teaching Assistant with high quality training and paid on the job experience.
Following a successful interview and pending suitability, safeguarding and identity checks, we will ensure we secure you a paid placement in a school to further develop your skills. We will help you to develop your identity as a successful educator.
Prior to starting your placement, you will be required to complete a comprehensive training programme delivered by Vision for Education and school leaders, which will give you the essential skills you need to work as a Teaching Assistant.
About the school
Teaching Assistants are instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of any school. The most effective Teaching Assistants have excellent communication skills and have an interest and passion in supporting the learning and wellbeing needs of all young people. They are also able to build positive relationships with both staff, students and their families.
The role of a teaching assistant varies from each school. You may be supporting the teacher in class, running small group interventions to support learning or behaviour or working on a 1:1 basis, ensuring that all young people have the opportunity to thrive.
To be considered for the role of Trainee Teaching Assistant you will:
- Able to commit to a 5 day paid work experience placement following training course
- Good level of English and Maths at GCSE Grade 4+ (C+)
- Can provide proof of right to work in the UK
- Are committed to supporting young people in education
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- This will be discussed during the interview stage
- You must have a minimum of GCSE grade C/4 in English and Maths
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Zoe Cooney on (phone number removed) or email (url removed).