SMART Education recruits into Teaching Jobs in Birmingham and across the West Midlands, and into Home Tutor jobs across the UK.
SMART Education are looking for an experienced Teaching assistants to work with a wonderful primary school in Sandwell.
The school need supporting their Year 2 class, providing 1:1 and full classroom assistance to pupils under the guidance of the class teacher. The school will potentially ask for extra support to be provided through intervention groups for reading, phonics and maths skills over time. You will also have lunchtime responsibilities, this will require you to provide individuals who require additional support and the overall running of lunchtime.
The teaching assistant will need previous experience working within a Primary school setting and feel confident to provide short sessions for small groups of pupils planned by the teacher.
These positions commence November 2023, after half term, on a part time basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
General Classroom Support: Assisting the class teacher in creating a vibrant and inclusive learning environment, ensuring every student receives the support they need to thrive.
Leading Small Groups: Guiding and nurturing small groups of students, helping them achieve their learning objectives and reach their full potential.
The Teaching Assistant will:
- Follow planning provided by the class teacher
- Support pupils within the classroom
- Support pupils in small groups for intervention work
- Teach a small group of pupils based on teachers planning
- Support the pupils reading, writing, phonics and basic maths skills
- Communicate with teacher throughout the day
The Teaching Assistant will:
- Have experience within tutoring / experience within primary / primary education / teaching
- Have a strong Knowledge of the curriculum
- Be able to motivate the candidate(s)
- Have a positive attitude and an enthusiastic approach
- Ability to possibly work with parents in order for them to participate within their childrens learning and achievement within this particular area of the curriculum
- Have a up to date DBS (we can process one for you)
Why work with Smart Education?
You are guaranteed a professional and efficient service from our very experienced and approachable consultants.
At SMART EDUCATION exceeding your expectations is our priority.
How to apply:
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or any other positions available, then please contact Alexandra at Smart Education.
I look forward to hearing from you!
- Level 2 or 3 teaching assistant/ childcare learning and development applicants lacking the relevant qualification will not be considered.
- At least 6+ Month s experience within the Primary School setting environment - applicants lacking the required experience will not be considered.
- DBS on the update service (we can process one for you)
- Safeguarding trained (we offer free CPD)
- Prevent trained (we offer free CPD)
- Classroom TA / LSA / 1:1 experience
- SEN experience/ knowledge/ additional CPD
Hours: Monday and Friday (2 days a week, part time)
Duration: November 2023 until the end of July 2024 (remainder of the academic year)
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Interview Dates: ASAP
Start Date: November 2023 (after half term)
Contact: Alexandra Evans at SMART Education