Career Teachers are seeking a Teaching Assistant (TA) for a secondary school located in Sandwell. Starting as soon as possible, you'll work alongside dedicated educators, shaping the learning journey for all students.
We are looking for a TA with experience in classroom support. Familiarity with the national Key Stage 3 and 4 Curriculum, an understanding of child development and learning, excellent communication skills, adaptability, empathy, and dedication to promoting equal opportunities are the key qualities we seek in a TA. The school and Career Teachers are committed to promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
You will be supporting students aged 11 to 16 years (Key Stage 3 and 4).
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring student safety and facilitating access to learning activities.
- Contributing to education and behaviour plans.
- Encouraging inclusivity and embracing diversity.
- Setting high expectations for student achievement.
- Providing feedback on student progress.
- Upholding child protection policies.
- Assisting with supervision outside of class.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Possess a minimum Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a secondary school setting as a teaching assistant.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Hold an enhanced child workforce DBS check on the update service or be willing to undertake a new one.
- Have up-to-date safeguarding training; Career Teachers offer FREE online Safeguarding training
- Provide a full 10-year career history and references to cover the last 2 years including current and previous employers.
- A calm and positive attitude
- Have a passion for supporting and nurturing students.
- Strong behaviour management skills with the ability to inspire and support learners in key stages 3 and 4.
- Able to build strong relationships with both students and staff.
By registering with Career Teachers, you will be offered:
- The opportunity to work within a variety of schools.
- Regular work available including daily and long-term supply and permanent.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced and dedicated consultants.
- Free CPD
- Access to Skills Network
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Recognition programme
- Access to discount and cashback platform Affinity Extra
If you are enthusiastic about using engaging teaching skills to enhance the learning experience of children, apply today for this exciting Teaching Assistant role.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.