An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a skilled Teacher Assistant to join our client school in Welwyn Garden City. As a Teaching Assistant / Additional Learning Support Tutor, you will play a pivotal role in providing specialised support to students aged 16-18, helping them achieve their full potential and prepare for future work, rewarding careers, and life opportunities. This is a unique chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young learners in Welwyn Garden City.
Responsibilities as a Teacher Assistant:
- Provide specialised support to students, focusing on enhancing their program achievements
- Assess student's support needs, including dyslexia, and collaborate with relevant team members and curriculum areas for timely provision of support
- Monitor and review student progress, providing regular updates to all stakeholders
- Continuously update learning materials and resources, adapting support as necessary
- Collaborate with personal tutors, course teams, exams office, and other stakeholders to address student's needs and concerns
- Attend essential meetings and events, contributing to the overall school community
- Engage in self-assessment, performance review, and staff development activities
- Prepare insightful reports for external parties, such as parents, employers, and training agencies
- Lead annual reviews of Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
- Uphold College policies and procedures, with a focus on health and safety, safeguarding, risk management, equality and diversity, and quality standards
Ideal Candidate Attributes For Teacher Assistant / Learning Support Assistant/ Tutor:
- Two years of experience in a similar job role, demonstrating a proven track record of success
- Holds a Level 2 qualification in English, math, and IT or equivalent College assessment
- Experience working with students who have Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), enabling effective support
- Passionate about empowering students and providing holistic education support
- Strong organisational skills, capable of effectively managing diverse responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for collaborating with students, colleagues, and external stakeholders
- Resilient, adaptable, and compassionate, with a genuine commitment to the well-being and development of students
- Enthusiastic about contributing to a dynamic, contemporary, and community-focused educational environment
Our client school in Welwyn Garden City is dedicated to preparing every learner for success in work, rewarding careers, and life's opportunities. By offering personalised care, passion, and understanding within a professional and community-focused environment, they create an environment where every student is valued and empowered.
As a Teacher Assistant / Learning Support Assistant/ Tutor working with our agency, SENDhelp, you will have access to:
- A dedicated consultant who will mentor you throughout your placement and be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Competitive pay with no commission taken from your earnings
- Access to over 400 bespoke online and in-person training programs and courses
If you are a qualified or experienced Teacher Assistant with a passion for making a positive impact on student's lives, this is an exciting opportunity to join our client school in Welwyn Garden City. Take part in shaping the future of young learners and helping them achieve their potential. Apply now and become an integral part of a dynamic educational community that values individuality and growth.