SMART Education recruits into Teaching Jobs in Birmingham and across the West Midlands, and into Home Tutor jobs across the UK.
An esteemed Special Education institution offering comprehensive education to children facing significant social, emotional, or educational challenges are proud to present a unique and innovative approach to learning that sets them apart in the field of education.
A Specialist School, where students embark on a dynamic educational journey through an engaging outdoor land and craft-based curriculum. The students delve into practical skills such as textiles, green woodwork, pottery, cooking, and even blacksmithing. Moreover, they dedicate a substantial amount of time to cultivating biodynamic produce in our school gardens and caring for our farm animals.
To thrive in the vibrant environment, the school seek individuals who embody the following qualities: honesty, reliability, excellent communication skills, resilience, hard work, versatility, and a strong team spirit. If you have a genuine desire to enhance your own knowledge and skills in an unparalleled educational setting, this Specialist School is the place for you.
Experience in, or a willingness to develop skills in, supporting the delivery of the unique curriculum is highly valued. Additionally, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Prior experience working with children in an educational environment.
- A deep understanding of how children learn, with a keen interest in holistic child development.
- Proficiency in literacy and numeracy skills, exemplified by GCSE qualifications in Maths and English or equivalent.
- A passion for working in the outdoor environment or a demonstrated interest in acquiring relevant skills.
- A genuine enthusiasm for learning and a strong commitment to working with children and young people with additional needs.
- A patient, caring, and compassionate nature, always putting the child at the centre of their approach.
- Exceptional observation skills and the ability to think creatively and problem-solve, enabling our students to explore their untapped potential.
- Emotional intelligence and resilience, capable of maintaining composure in challenging situations.
As a valued member of the team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing personalised support to learners with learning difficulties, disabilities, and challenging behaviour on a one-to-one basis.
- Assisting students in adapting to their new surroundings, identifying signs of distress, and offering reassurance.
- Fostering acceptance and inclusivity among all pupils, promoting their self-esteem and facilitating their integration into the classroom and school community.
- Encouraging students to engage with others and participate in activities under the guidance of the teacher.
- Supervising and supporting students to ensure their safety and access to quality education, nurturing their physical, emotional, and educational development.
- Building positive and supportive relationships with students, serving as a role model and effectively responding to their individual needs.
- Must enjoy the great outdoors as part of your day will be out exploring the beautiful grounds of the school.
To apply for this role, you must:
- Have access to your own transport.
- Have a DBS on the update service or in a position to apply for a DBS immediately.
- Have references to cover your last 2 years employment.
If you are passionate about making a real difference in the lives of children and young people, we welcome your application. Join the school team and help empower the students to reimagine their potential.
Qualifications Required: 6+ Months minimum experience. NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent
Salary: £81.58 - £85.95 per day
Hours: Full-Time (9.00am - 3.30pm)
Interview Dates: ASAP
Start Date: February 2024
Contact: Pippa Lee