TEACHING ASSISTANT - SEND
85-95 PER DAY
Starting January 2024, this exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Teaching Assistant (TA) to join a 3-form entry primary school. Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils.
The school is an inclusive and progressive learning environment committed to engaging and inspiring pupils to want to learn. At its heart is the core value of inclusivity.
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance, and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the college team.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
- An interest in continuing your personal and professional development.
To be a good fit for a Teaching Assistant (TA) role, you will need to be:
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Well-presented and professional
- Positive and motivational.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Assertive and confident.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. (Induction Training for Teaching Assistants & Support Staff).
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in School
- Degree educated.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.