Veritas Education are currently working with a secondary school in Lambeth who is looking for a Teaching Assistant to be an integral part of the inclusion team.
This role of Teaching Assistant will include:
- Supervising and providing particular support for students identified on the Special Educational Needs Register, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Behaviour Plans or Pastoral Support Plans.
- Creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with lessons and interventions.
- Using strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support students to achieve learning goals.
- Assisting with the planning of learning activities.
- Monitoring students' responses to learning activities and accurately recording achievement/ progress as directed.
Required experience and/or qualifications for a Teaching Assistant:
- GCSE maths and English.
- NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Training in the relevant learning strategies (e.g. literacy and numeracy)
- Experience of working with young people, particularly people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health.
- Awareness of current issues and trends in secondary education.
Find out more and apply today with an updated CV to Chloe Jackson at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'