Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting for a General Teaching Assistant looking to find their next role, and work in a Primary School setting in an OFSTED graded 'GOOD' school in Newcastle Under Lyme.
A successful applicant will have a Teaching Assistant qualification or higher/equivalent and will have at least 6 weeks of experience working with children (or have done a placement in a Primary School setting). Safeguarding training is preferred but not required as some training is provided.
Prospero Teaching provide staff to schools, colleges and nurseries across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, including SEN schools. We are currently looking to fill a General Teaching Assistant role in Newcastle Under Lyme. The strongest applicant will have confidence in leading a key group of children in reading and writing sessions and will have good behavioural management skills.
- Location - Newcastle Under Lyme
- Position - General Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Long Term
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - 1 Academic Year
- End date (if applicable) - End of the academic year
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate 85 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3.30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching Assistant qualification or higher/equivalent
- Previous experience working in a UK school
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as some training is provided)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If this role is of interest to you, click 'Apply Now'.
Or, alternatively, email your CV to Zain at: