We are seeking a Teaching Assistant to work in a Primary School in the Oldham area of OL1. This role will be to start as soon as possible after clearance and safeguarding processes have been completed.
The school are seeking to appoint a Primary Teaching Assistant to support a KS1 class so knowledge of phonics is preferable. The successful candidate would need to be available to commit to the role as we are incredibly busy with Teaching Assistant roles at the moment.
Note: All applicants who apply to us will have to be safeguard cleared and complete our registration process. Because of the current climate and travel restrictions we have created a process where the signing up process is completed from the safety of your own home. We would love to speak with you today to discuss the fantastic opportunities that will be available once our schools fully reopen for business so if you would like to be in the best position for work, then we would be interested to hear from you.
The role of a Teaching Assistant will include various tasks such as:
- Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
- Promoting independence within the school environment.
- Supporting small groups under direction of the teacher.
- Implementing behaviour strategies.
- Working in partnership with teachers and other TA s to provide a stable, positive environment for learning.
- Supporting SEN pupils within the classroom.
- Supervising activities with the pupils.
- The working hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am 3.30pm.
Who can apply?
- Qualified Teaching Assistants
- Individuals with experience working in schools
- Individual who have worked in an environment supporting and managing young people such as youth groups, sports coaching and mentoring
- Individuals with SEN experience
- Other education professionals with these skills and experience
How can you be considered?
- Email an up to date CV by clicking apply now. The CV needs to show all your experience working children and young people. We would also recommend a covering letter which highlights your experience and what you can bring to the role.
- All individuals working on behalf of TES are required to hold an enhanced DBS or be willing to purchase one at a cost to the applicant of £47.57 and will be subject to safeguarding/vetting checks.
Why choose TES and what benefits can you gain?
- Excellent rates of pay. The salary for this role is based on the local authority teaching assistant pay scale.
- Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Permanent and temporary opportunities.
- A trained team of education consultants.
- The Education Specialists are proud holders of APSCO audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.