Teaching Assistant - MaidstoneTemp or Perm RoleImmediate start AvailablePart Time (22 Hours)£90 - £110
Pearson Whiffin Education are excited to recruit an experienced Teaching Assistant for a College based in Maidstone, Kent. This position is part time (22 hours p/week) and could start immediately for the right person.
This Teaching Assistant role will offer academic and wellbeing support to students who are eager to learn. Candidates that demonstrate a proactive and supportive approach will be desirable. They will ensure that they have the ability to participate fully in academy and vocational lessons as well as the emotional support to participate in group and school wide activities.
Previous experience in SEN and in a Teaching Assistant role is desired but not essential.
Your responsibilities as a Teaching Assistant will include:
- Supporting student activities in the classroom
- Providing feedback to pupils.
- Support with the social, emotional and educational development of the learner
- Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher
- Being alert to any safeguarding or pastoral concerns
- Delivery of SEN interventions.
The requirements needed:
- Ability to work independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual pupils
- Ability to showcase excellent behaviour management strategies.
- Live within easy access to Maidstone, Medway Area.
- Be in possession of an enhanced DBS on the update service (or willing to acquire this)
- Be able to assist the class teacher with classroom preparation.
- Confident working 1:1 and within small groups of children
This role isn't just about helping students gain qualifications, it's about helping them to see a life beyond the qualification and being an essential role in helping young people to find their future.
If you have the necessary skills and would like to find out more about the Teaching Assistant role in Maidstone, Kent, then please contact Bobby on , WhatsApp or email .
Is this this role not quite right for you? Know someone who should apply? Recommend them to us and we will reward you with a referral bonus.
Pearson Whiffin Education offer a specialist recruitment service to schools and school-based staff across Kent including Margate, Ramsgate, Canterbury, Ashford, Swale, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Gillingham, Chatham, Rochester, Strood, Gravesend and Dartford.
Pearson Whiffin Education are always looking for new candidates. Please contact us if you are a teacher, cover supervisor, teaching assistant, premises manager, premises assistant or school specialist administrator and you are looking for your next job opportunity.
Terms apply - for more information contact us today.