Teaching Assistant required for a lovely outstanding primary co-educational preparatory school in Bethnal Green. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be working in a classroom environment alongside the class teacher, supporting learners. The school are looking for someone who is supportive and proactive and the role would suit anyone with experience of working as a Teaching Assistant.
- Primary Teaching Assistant
- Bethnal Green E2
- To start from 26/02/2024
- Must be a graduate and have classroom experience.
This is a friendly and diverse co-educational preparatory school based in
Bethnal Green where the children are at the heart of every decision which is made to ensure that they are happy, confident and that the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now and in the future.
They believe that every child will achieve their potential if they are happy, secure and have ownership of what they learn and the right learning conditions. The safety of children, the quality of teaching and the emotional welfare of our pupils are their greatest priorities.
The curriculum allows children to learn a range of knowledge and skills, preparing them for the next stage in their education. Most children go onto study at top private schools in the UK. The school's aim is that every child passing through the school grows into an independent, hard-working, confident and resilient learner that has aspirations to be the very best that they can be. The school offer a well-resourced learning environment, dedicated staff, a creative, enriched curriculum of which pupils have ownership, and lots of fun whilst learning!
To join us and be successful in this Teaching assistant role, you will need to:
Have experience working as a Teaching assistant
Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
Provide a CV with employment/education history included. Employment breaks must be explained
Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Assisting the teacher in delivering work with the children in the class.
- Supporting children with their classwork, and their reading and writing skills
- Planning and leading targeted interventions to support pupils in development areas.
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school.
- Undertaking observations of pupils and contributing to pupil records.
- Supporting the class teacher with the general management and supervision of the classroom.
- Working in small groups or one a 1:1 basis with learners who who have special needs.
- Mandatory after school club 3 afternoons a week - paid hourly
- Experience working as a Teaching Assistant
- A graduate degree in a relavant subject
- Experience working with students in KS1 or KS2
- A Teaching assistant qualification is desirable
If you are a Teaching Assistant looking for a position, please submit your CV asap.