Amnis are recruiting a Teaching Assistant to support with a range of abilities and learning needs, within this popular mainstream secondary school based in the Wigan area. You will be supporting pupils with a range of SEND. The job is temporary, long-term, and full time with an opportunity to lead on to a school contract for the right person. We are looking for a confident and personable Teaching Assistant, who will enjoy supporting students and turn up to work with a smile on their face.
The successful applicant will have recent and relevant experience in a similar setting. Experience of supporting a range of different needs is desirable but not essential. Above all, you must have the right 'can-do' attitude, enthusiasm, and willingness to really make a difference to the learning journeys of the students you will be supporting. You will play a key role in supporting the pupils with communication, learning, and independence, in a safe and inclusive environment to help their development. Other responsibilities include supervising pupils' behaviour, encouraging and supporting the pupils learning and development, supporting social interaction and helping the teacher prepare for lessons and plan activities.
Benefits of the Job:
- Excellent long-term opportunity for the right person.
- Competitive pay rate paid weekly.
- Term time only, Monday Friday, 8:30 3:30
- Become an integral part of a friendly, supportive, dynamic team of staff.
- Make a difference to young peoples lives.
Requirements of the Job:
- Confidence in working with and supporting children.
- Recent experience working in a similar setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven teamwork skills.
- Enhanced DBS required before starting.
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity within education, then we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your CV below.