Teaching Assistant required for a lovely community primary school in Hertford. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be working in a classroom environment alongside the class teacher, supporting learners. We are looking for someone who is supportive and proactive and the role would suit anyone with experience of working as a Teaching Assistant.
- Primary Teaching Assistant
- Hertford SG14
- Immediate start
The school offer a broad and creative curriculum, their vast array of extra-curricular activities and their focus on developing children's ability beyond the academic, they provide children with the opportunity to thrive and maximise their potential. Thier commitment to celebrate their individuality, whilst equipping them with the skills they need for their adventures ahead, means thier children leave them with all they need to be successful and happy in their future lives.
They truly are a community school - the sense of belonging that all stakeholders have here is something that is so important to them. Because of this sense of belonging, they genuinely care about everyone and go above and beyond to show that care in all that they do. They also promote they place in the local community and the global community wherever possible.
As a teaching assistant in the school, you will be:
- Assisting the teacher in delivering lessons and with the children in the class.
- Supporting children with their classwork, and their reading and writing skills
- Planning and leading targeted interventions to support pupils in development areas.
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school.
- Undertaking observations of pupils and contributing to pupil records.
- Supporting the class teacher with the general management and supervision of the classroom.
- Working in small groups or one a 1:1 basis with learners who who have special needs.
- Taking part in staff meetings and professional development meetings when needed.
- Running and assisting with activities/clubs before and after school if needed.