1-1 SEND Teaching Assistant required in Hereford to start February 2024!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a SEND Teaching Assistant in a Hereford Secondary School.
Do you hold a Level 3 NVQ certificate related to Education or equivalent? Have you provided 1-1 or small group SEND TA work before? Are you comfortable working with children with SEND?
The role will include:
- Offering students additional support on a 1-1 basis
- Supporting small groups of students
- Supporting with diverse learning needs
- Providing guidance and encouragement
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Helping create and maintain and positive working environment
- Leading group work
- Liaising with the class teacher and SENDCo, SLT or parent s carers when appropriate
- Helping the class teacher with pupil observations
- Monitoring students progress
- At least 12 months experience supporting children with SEND or SEMH
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with students and staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent behavioural management skills
- Availability to work 8:30-3:30 term time
As a SEND Teaching Assistant through TeacherActive you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Support from a dedicated team of consultants
- An excellent referral scheme Terms and Conditions apply
- Access to a range of unique positions in our schools
If you are interested in a role as a SEND Teaching Assistant, please contact Emily on (phone number removed) or email your CV to (url removed)
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.