SEN Teaching Assistant Shirebrook (NG20) 90 - 100 per day Long-term to permanent
Work pattern: 08:15 -15:45 (Mon to Fri - term time only)
- Permanent job available for the right candidate.
- Experienced, supportive Senior Leadership Team that a part of a well-established Trust.
- Opportunities to progress within the school.
LTF Recruitment are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity to work as an 1:1 SEN teaching assistant within one of our partner Primary schools. You will be working in Key Stage 2, on a 1:1 basis with a student with very challenging behaviour. The ideal candidate will be resilient, resourceful, and understanding of the needs of the student, whilst helping to educate and maintain a positive learning experience.
You will be joining a school devoted to providing outstanding learning for all pupils. The role has the potential to term permanent subject to a successful trial period.
- You will be a key stage 2 teaching assistant, with 1:1 responsibility for a SEN student who presents challenging behaviour.
- You will help prepare learning materials and support your designated pupil with learning activities.
- You will take responsibility for the emotional and physical needs of the young people in your care, supporting them to develop as individuals and engage with the world.
- With the support of the class teacher, you will support students across the class with their learning.
The right candidate:
- You will be a resilient character, not easily deterred by challenging behaviour.
- You will be able to build a strong, positive relationship with your key child.
- You will be adaptable and ready to work in a variety of classroom roles where needed.
- You will have a responsive and caring approach.
- You will add value to a team built on great teamwork and mutual support.
- You will be a driven, ambitious individual who will take part in CPD to further develop yourself as an education professional.
- Experience working with Special Educational Needs and Key stage 2 children is desirable but not essential.
If this is a career path that interests you, please upload your CV via the application page or contact Adam at LTF recruitment. Please note, all applicants will require a DBS certificate and two references.