A brilliant Secondary School in the Abergavenny area is looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join their amazing team!
The position is full time, 5 days a week Monday Friday, working as a 1:1 to a child with challenging behaviour who loves sport and activities, so someone who shares this interest would be a top choice.
Previous experience working with challenging behaviours either 1:1 or in a group setting is essential to the role but support will be provided. Your main priority during the school day is encouraging and supporting the learning of your 1:1 child, as well as managing general behaviour.
The role is based within a Secondary School and you will be working closely with your 1:1 pupil taking them around the school to each lesson. You will support the pupils with all tasks, have a positive and engaging mindset, someone who is confident, outgoing and loves to get involved and have fun!
My names Lucy and I m a recruitment resource here at TeacherActive! I would love to help kickstart your next career move with our team of experts. We are dedicated to making this process as easy as possible for you with help every step of the way!
Key skills and competencies for the role:
• Teaching Qualification and/or 6 months experience working with children.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• The ability to work well within a team environment If your skills and competencies do not match the above criteria, we would still love to hear from you as there are various outstanding roles at the moment that may be suitable to you.
As a member of the TeacherActive supply team, you should expect to enjoy the following benefits:
• Competitive rate of pay of £90+ per day
• A dedicated team of consultants with an in-depth knowledge of our industry.
• Free career and recruitment advice as well as free CPD training.
• TeacherActive Referral Scheme receive £100 gift when you refer a friend Terms and Conditions apply.
All our supply staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you are paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance and there is no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard-earned cash. If you are interested in this position, please call Lucy on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.