Are you ready to take your next steps in or towards teaching? Could you see yourself working more independently? Are you the type of person who could take ownership of the qualifications you teach? If so, then SCL is the company for you. We are looking for people with diverse experience and backgrounds to help support the next cohort of learners, so are keen to speak to recent graduates, youth workers and experienced teaching staff.
Founded in 1999, SCL is the UK's largest provider of education and skills training within the sports and active childcare sector working with grassroots Academies through to Premiership Football Clubs and Elite Cricket Clubs, positively impacting the future prospects of children and young people.
When you join us, you will see that working with us is unique and it is more than just a job, you will become part of a wide-spread team who strive to support each other so that we can achieve excellence.
- Interviewing and enrolling learners for your education site
- Working with learners on a group and 1-2-1 basis
- Communicating with parents/carers on learner progress
- Marking and feedback
- Engagement with our internal verification (IV) process
- Engagement with our internal licences'
- Regular communication with curriculum manager
- Regular communication with key stakeholders at your educational site to provide a meaningful and aspirational learning experience
- Working closely with English and Maths specialists to support the delivery of English and Maths qualifications
- Work closely with Progress Coach to support the delivery of a high quality personal development programme
Skills & Qualifications:
- GCSE Maths and English
- 3 A-levels or equivalent (Level 3, BTEC etc.)
- Degree in relevant areas (E.g., Sports Science, Sports Coaching)
- First Aid
- A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, DTTLS OT A1 Award
- Personal Training Qualification
- V1 Award
What can SCL offer?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential through our excellent CPD and coaching
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
We recognise the importance of high quality teaching staff and we have put together the below very comprehensive Teacher Talent Pathway programme that will support our new and existing talent to becoming the best educators to our students. As we know, we are #StrongerTogether
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to; reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.