Sports Coach Teaching Assistant Islington, N7 85- 105 Long Term-Perm Feb Start
LTF are currently seeking a Sports Coach Teaching Assistant to join the support staff of a fantastic local primary school in the Islington area. As a Sports Coach Teaching Assistant, you will be involved in the day-to-day classes in the school, providing support in groups and lessons as well as 1:1 with pupils of a variety of ages and abilities. The role will also include a specific focus on providing support in PE lessons and with extracurricular sporting activities.
Main duties will entail:
- Supporting small groups with their work and working 1:1 with children who require additional input with their learning.
- Engage students in their learning and the curriculum.
- Support the class teacher with the delivery of lessons.
- Prepare and deliver activities.
- Liaise with Class Teachers to update on pupil's progress.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least one years' experience working within a school.
- Hold a relevant degree or teaching assistant qualification.
- A PE or coaching qualification is desirable.
- Have a good understanding of supporting SEN students.
- Have experience working with challenging behaviour.
The Successful candidate will benefit from working at an inclusive school in a caring and friendly environment; with an experienced and supportive senior team committed to the improvement of students' learning opportunities and teachers' professional development. There are great nearby transport links as well as nearby parking.