Job Title: Skills Coach / Skill Tutor (Early Years)
Salary: £26k - £28k per annum DOE
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time, full-time
Juniper are an innovative, flexible and experienced provider in delivering training solutions to individuals and businesses in Wolverhampton and throughout the Midlands. We are listed on the Governments Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers and are rated as GOOD by Ofsted in all areas of provision.
Job Outline & Purpose:
- To deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups of apprentices and on a one-to one basis
- To compile and assess occupational qualifications
- Ensure excellent apprentice attendance, retention and achievement
- To deliver English and maths Functional Skill qualifications up to level 2
- To deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to apprentices, including induction
- To plan and facilitate engaging schemes of work
- To deliver inspiring training that meets criteria and standards for apprenticeships
- To teach English and maths Functional Skills up to Level 2
- To manage apprentices and their Individual Learning Programmes, closely monitor and review progress
- To conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set apprentices appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
- To assess apprentices' portfolios and provide regular supportive, developmental feedback
- To conduct and document meaningful reviews of apprentices
- Conduct timely one-to-one visits with apprentices in the workplace and support and facilitate progress
- Ensure that apprentices' attendance & retention targets are met
- To achieve targets to meet contractual obligations
- Full driving license with access to car
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in the occupational area within the last 2 years
- Minimum Level 2 English & Maths
- Understanding of apprenticeship programmes
- To deliver effective training sessions to groups
- To work one-to-one and set challenging targets
- Excellent communicator
- To persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- To build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- To assess work and complete observations against standards and criteria
- To work well under pressure
- To work to targets & deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
As part of our safer recruitment processes, all roles will require: a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the level of which will be clearly outlined in the job specification; references and identity checks.
All Juniper employees are expected to understand their duties and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and full training will be provided as part of our onboarding process.
Please click the APPLY button to send through your CV and cover letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience and job titles of; Skills Development Specialist, Performance Enhancement Coach, Training and Development Coordinator, Skills Training Facilitator, Personal Growth Mentor, Competency Enhancement Advisor, Learning and Development Coach, Skillset Improvement Consultant, Talent Development Coach, Capability Building Expert, Professional Skills Trainer, Competency Coach, Skill Mastery Mentor, Career Skills Coach, Performance Improvement Specialist, Abilities Enhancement Coach, Skill Advancement Counselor, Proficiency Development Facilitator, Learning Enhancement Coach, Skill Acquisition Mentor may also be considered for this role.