SEND Teaching Assistant - Temp to perm
About the School: This vibrant and inclusive mainstream primary school located in the heart of Orrell, Wigan. Committed to providing high-quality education for all students, we pride ourselves on creating a supportive and nurturing learning environment.
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to join our team, providing essential support to two Year 5 students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the class teacher and SENCO to create a positive and inclusive learning experience for these students.
- Provide one-to-one support to the designated students during morning and afternoon sessions.
- Implement and support the delivery of tailored educational plans for each student.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Assist in the development of social and communication skills.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and SENCO to assess progress and adjust support strategies accordingly.
- Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Understanding of the challenges and needs associated with ASD.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude.
- Relevant qualifications in Special Educational Needs or Teaching Assistance is desirable.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with ASD and have the skills and experience required, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to (url removed) or click the apply button.
Send Inclusion support is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all sections of the community. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Note: This is a temporary position to provide support for the specified students. The contract may be extended based on the evolving needs of the students and the school.