Job Title: Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to join a dynamic team at a Primary School in Worthing, West Sussex. The successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting students with diverse learning needs and contributing to an inclusive and nurturing educational environment.
- Provide Support: Offer one-to-one or small group support to students with special educational needs, ensuring their individual learning needs are met.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the class teacher and SENCO to implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and contribute to the overall planning and delivery of lessons.
- Observation and Assessment: Monitor and assess students' progress, providing feedback to teachers and contributing to the ongoing development of individual learning plans.
- Promote Inclusion: Foster an inclusive classroom environment where all students feel valued and supported, regardless of their abilities or challenges.
- Behaviour Management: Assist in managing and promoting positive behaviour within the classroom, employing effective strategies to address any behavioural challenges.
- Communication: Maintain open and regular communication with parents, sharing updates on students' progress and collaborating on effective strategies for support.
- Professional Development: Attend relevant training sessions and workshops to enhance your knowledge and skills in supporting students with SEN.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant, with a focus on supporting students with special educational needs.
- A relevant qualification in education or SEN (desirable).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with diverse learning needs.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures related to SEN.
If you would like more information about this role in Worthing, West Sussex please call us on (phone number removed) or forward your CV to (url removed).
Quality and safeguarding are central to what we do at Supply Desk and as such we conduct a rigorous vetting process, including enhanced DBS checks, referencing and a full work history check, culminating in a face to face interview. These procedures are mandatory so please be sure to be able to provide these documents to complete your application.
Refer a Friend rewards bundle, yourself and your referred candidate can earn up to £250 collectively! For anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.