We are looking for a motivated individual to work at a popular primary school in Watford. The school are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to look after a student in their Reception class.
Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Contract: Full time - Long-term contract
Daily rate: 80 to 90 per day
This particular SEN TEaching Assistant role is to support and aid a child with their learning and care whilst in school and other settings. As well as developing and delivering personalised learning, you will work with colleagues to support the pupil's daily routine, transitions and positive behaviour management.
A tailored approach to the individual child ensures that every student has the opportunity to reach his or her full potential in a caring and safe environment. You will need to support the Class Teacher with the day-to-day running of the class.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career whilst you help shape and develop our provision to achieve this.
SEN Teaching Assistant Key duties:
- To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
- To promote and encourage independence and personal development in the pupil and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day-to-day running of the class
- To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
- To promote pupils' cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team.
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, ASD and Down's syndrome.
- Previous experience within the classroom or a keen interest to start a career within education
You can apply online by applying directly to this advert. For more information on this position in Watford please contact Louis and quote "SEN Teaching Assistant, Watford"