Special Needs SLD & PMLD Teaching Assistants
Minimum pay 90 per day
SLD & PMLD
Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistant's to join an "Ofsted OUTSTANDING" special school in the East London area (Tower Hamlets) who specialise in supporting children with SLD, PMLD and Additional Complex Needs including Severe Autism. The position is full-time, long-term and will be an immediate start (following successful trial day).
Daily Rate: Minimum 90
Location: East London (Tower Hamlets)
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: Long Term
Contract Type: Full -Time
The successful applicants will have:
- Previous experience working with people with learning disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and/or Physical, Mental, Sensory Impairments
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff and parents/careers
- Excellent literacy, numeracy & ICT skills
- Hold an enhanced Child & Adult barred list DBS certificate
The role will consist of:
- Offering support to the class teacher
- Provide support for individuals and groups of pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans
- Building good student - teacher rapport
- Support aspects of personal and intimate care
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide professional related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register and have passed all safeguarding/vetting checks with Prospero Teaching to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching can offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team