SEN Support Assistant needed - Stoke-on-Trent
- 1:1 support
- SEN - Autism
- Social Integration
- Full time
Are you a dedicated and experienced Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant with a passion for supporting children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)?
Academics are working with a Stoke Primary School who are seeking a committed individual to join their team as a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant, providing support to a Key Stage 2 pupil with ASD, with a primary focus on fostering social integration within the classroom environment.
- Provide tailored 1:1 support to a Key Stage 2 pupil with ASD.
- Foster social integration and participation within the classroom setting.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and SENCO to implement individualised strategies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personalised learning plans.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment for the pupil.
- Previous experience working as a SEN Teaching Assistant, specifically supporting pupils with ASD.
- Knowledge of strategies and interventions to support social integration.
- Understanding of the Key Stage 2 curriculum.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Patient, empathetic, and resilient approach to working with children with SEN.
- Minimum of Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Additional training or qualifications in supporting children with ASD is desirable.
If you are a passionate SEN practitioner who has experience of working closely with pupils with Autism then this could be the perfect role for you.
Apply Now or call the local Stoke office for more details.