SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant ASAP - Ongoing
Part-time - 8.15am - 2pm, Monday - Friday (hours likely to increase)
Are you an experienced, Teaching Assistant who has a passion working with children with SEND? We want to hear from you if so!
Teach Plus are currently working with a primary school located in Ealing who are seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant to join them ASAP on an ongoing basis.
The role is to support a child in Year 1 who has Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues and Sensory Needs. Starting off as a part-time role, 8.15am - 2pm, Monday - Friday, with the hours likely to increase to full-time.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will be expected to:
- Follow the class teacher and SENCO's direction in supporting the child both inside and outside the classroom
- Follow plans for activities and intervention sessions provided by the class teacher
- Support with Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy needs
- Ensure the child feels supported and safe by having a warm and nurturing approach
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have experience working with children with SEND
- Experience working with children with SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs) is desirable
- The ability to build rapport with the child and be able to respond to the childs individual needs
- Follow direction from the class teacher, SENCO, external agencies such as Speech and Language Therapist/Occupational Therapist.
Teach Plus is a 5 star, Google rated, London based education recruitment agency. Our passion is to provide candidates with an excellent service in helping them find a new role, our candidate journey is what makes us stand out above the rest. We prioritise ongoing assistance and support to help with your career in education. With over 17 years' experience working in education, we have strong, long-lasting relationships with primary schools across London.