SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT - MORECAMBE
A primary school in Lancaster is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support in their SEN Unit.
The position is part time, working 2 days a week (Thursdays and Fridays, 8.45am until 3pm).
The role will be supporting a small group of children with ASD within their SEN Unit. There is a class teacher and two other experienced memebers of staff who you will working with. Working with small groups and one to one support will be required, enabling and assisting the pupils to engae in lessons and activties.
Duties will include:
- Preparing activities and lessons
- Delivering engaging sessions
- Supervising and providing particular support and encouragement for the pupil
- Ensuring pupils safety and access to learning activities
- Supporting pupils with specialist needs and implementing IEPs
Teaching Assistant Key Information:
- Morecambe area
- 2 days per week
- 8.45am until 3pm, Thursdays and Fridays
- 13 per hour
- To start from Thursday 29th February 2024 until the end of the academic year.
- Minimum of Teaching Assistant level 2 qualification
- Experience and knowledge of supporting children with ASD
- Behaviour management
- Phonics experience and knowledge
- Adaptable and flexible to support the class teacher and to suit needs of pupils.
- Available for the duration of the assignment
WHAT VERITAS OFFERS:
- Excellent rate of pay to support cost of living, including holiday pay.
- Personalised recruitment support from a friendly and hardworking education consultant, with 11 years experience working with the local primary schools.
- Access to training courses
- Refer a friend scheme
- Loyalty scheme
- Pension contributions
If you would like more information about this role or to discuss other positions available in the local area, please apply with a current CV or contact Sarah Maclachlan at Veritas Education. url removed
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'