Teaching Assistant Needed
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Are you a supportive and dedicated LSA? Can you take direction from a class teacher and fully support them in delivering engaging lessons?
TeacherActive are currently working alongside a fantastic Primary School in South Birmingham who are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work on in their Year 3 class. The successful Teaching Assistant will be working on a 1:1 basis with a child in Year 1 who presents Autism.
This is a full-time, long-term role, ongoing for the whole academic year, as consistency for the child is absolutely key. Having worked alongside this Primary School for several years now, they often offer their temporary staff a permanent contract, so there may be the opportunity for permanent work at the end of this placement for the right SEN TA.
The school has a fantastic reputation and is a great place to work; the staff are friendly, dedicated and supportive of one another.
The ideal Learning Support Assistant will have:
- Experience working in KS1
- Experience working on a 1:1 basis
- The ability to follow instructions set by the class teacher
- Have a positive, warm and patient nature
- The ability to build good relationships and make the pupils in your care feel comfortable and safe
As a Teaching Assistant registered with TeacherActive, you will be offered:
- Market leading rates of pay
- A variety of CPD and online training courses to further develop your career
- A fantastic referral scheme
- A dedicated 1-2-1 consultant amongst a team of friendly consultants who will advise and guide you along the way
To be considered for this role or to gain further information please get in touch with Heather on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.