Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant
We are excited to announce an excellent opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant at a mainstream primary school in Newham. This position is in partnership with a renowned school, known for its commitment to inclusive education and providing exceptional support to students with special educational needs.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for students with diverse needs. Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with the classroom teacher, providing one-on-one or small group support to students with special educational needs. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of these students, helping them to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities of the SEN Teaching Assistant include:
1. Assisting the classroom teacher in implementing individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special educational needs.
2. Providing support and guidance to students during classroom activities, ensuring their engagement and participation.
3. Collaborating with the teacher and other professionals to develop and adapt teaching materials and strategies to meet the specific needs of each student.
4. Monitoring and recording the progress of students, providing feedback to the teacher and parents/guardians.
5. Promoting a safe and inclusive learning environment, fostering positive relationships with students, and encouraging their social and emotional development.
6. Assisting with personal care and physical support, as required, to ensure the well-being and comfort of students.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about education and have a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs. While previous experience in education or care/SEN is preferred, we also welcome candidates who are eager to enter the field and are committed to learning and growing in this role.
- A positive and empathetic attitude towards students with special educational needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals.
- Patience, resilience, and the ability to adapt to the individual needs of students.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills in the field of special education.
- Relevant qualifications or certifications in education, care, or special educational needs are desirable but not essential.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to contribute to the education and well-being of students with special educational needs, this role as a SEN Teaching Assistant is perfect for you. Join our dedicated team and be part of a supportive and inclusive school community.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position. We look forward to hearing from you!