Educate GM are recruiting for a SEND Teaching Assistant in Manchester.
Do you have you experience supporting young children with special educational needs?
Have you worked as a SEND Teaching Assistant or worked with children with complex special educational needs?
About the role:
- SEND Teaching Assistant role working in a SEN class in a mainstream primary School.
- Start date ASAP
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract in the summer.
- Pay £80- £90 per day depending on experience and qualifications.
- Supporting a range of pupils in the school 1:1 and in groups.
- You must have previous experience as a SEND Teaching Assistant or as a Support Worker working with children with Special Needs.
About the school:
- A mainstream primary school in Manchester near Heaton Park.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted. The school has a strong vision to ensure that pupils become confident & successful individuals.
- Amazing modern faciltues- the school boasts modern facilities and an adapted outdoor space both are used to their full potentail so pupils are engaged and get a fun, active and varied curriculum.
- The team all work together to achieve the schools vision for pupils to reach their potential.
- Excellent local transport links by bus and train as well as ample staff parking.
About the pupils:
- The mainstream primary school has a class which teaches KS2 children with special needs including Autism, Complex Needs and SLD.
- Some pupils require intensive 1:1 or 2:1 support.
- Experience with Autism OR Physical Needs is essential.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Some pupils can display challenging behaviours so any SEND Teaching Assistant in this role will need strong de-escalation and behaviour management skills.
The SEND Teaching Assistant must:
- Hold relevant qualifications e.g. childcare/ Support in school
- Ideally have recent experience working with children or as TA/LSA
- Have energy, commitment and creativity
- Be able to engage well with colleagues, children and their parents
- Have a positive attitude
- Be available and willing to commit for the academic year.
By joining as an SEND Teaching Assistant, the school can offer you:
- A warm and friendly working environment
- Students with good behaviour
- A competitive salary/rate of pay
- A supportive team of fellow teachers, support staff and senior leaders
- Possibility to do teacher training through them in the coming years
- Potential offer to extend or become permanent staff
To Be Successful In Applying You Must:
• Have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• Your CV must include full details of Education and work history, any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEND Teaching Assistant in Manchester
For more information about the role, contact Sam Waterhouse at our Manchester office.
Educate GM recruits top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay. Covering the whole of Greater Manchester, working with both Primary, Secondary & SEND school's, we resource outstanding teaching and support staff for schools within the community.
Our aim is to provide an honest, engaging and quality driven service to schools, which will in turn ensures the highest standards are maintained and all bespoke support requirements are delivered. Our team is made up of experienced and highly regarded education consultants and senior leaders, who all have a wealth of experience within th education recruitment sector.
The foundations to our success are the strong relationships that we have with our schools and school support workforce. All our school support staff are very much part of our education community and an integral part of the Educate GM team.
We look forward to working with you!