Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant?
Veritas Education are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our clients team based in a specialist primary school.
The Teaching Assistant's main role is to provide support for pupils, ensuring that they can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist the pupils' individual learning and social needs. The TA will be responsible for implementing the targets on the pupils' Personalised Plan in liaison with the class teachers and the SENCo.
We are also looking for the successful applicant to have a proven high standard of both spoken and written English, the ability to communicate effectively with children and adults is essential, together with a friendly and approachable manner. In return, you will join a supportive environment with plenty of development opportunities within the academy and across the wider Trust.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience of working with Autism
- L2 Teaching assistant qualification (essential)
- A real passion for education and improving the attainment of pupils
- Bags of creativity for stimulating and engaging pupils
All pay rates that are offered will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. Our working opportunities include temporary positions, permanent contracts and ad-hoc supply.
If you have the experience and skills that are appropriate for the role, then please apply with your full CV. If you require any further information or have any questions regarding potential roles, please contact Liam at Veritas Education (Preston) on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'