SEN Teaching Assistant
80 - 95 daily rate
SANZA Teaching Agency is thrilled to present a remarkable and fulfilling opportunity for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to become a valuable part of a dynamic primary school in Haringey, focusing on Key Stage 2. This role involves providing support to a student with Special Educational Needs with Autism.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in offering tailored support to a student with SEN in Key Stage 2. Your responsibilities will include ensuring the student's well-being, facilitating their engagement in classroom activities, fostering social interaction, and aiding in their personal growth and development.
- Deliver individualised support to the student with SEN, with a strong emphasis on their safety and overall welfare.
- Assist in the implementation and adherence to the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP) and strategies for managing their behaviour.
- Support the student's communication and language development by employing alternative communication methods.
- Collaborate closely with the class teacher and the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to plan and adapt activities to meet the specific needs of the student.
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive learning environment for the student, encouraging their social integration with peers.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with parents, providing regular updates on the student's progress.
- Prior experience in supporting students with Special Educational Needs or similar requirements.
- Familiarity with strategies for working with students who may have limited verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in behaviour management techniques and the ability to customize them to suit individual needs.
- Display empathy, patience, and a genuine commitment to assisting students with special educational needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and parents.
- DBS certificate
What We Provide:
- A supportive and inclusive school environment with a dedicated team of staff.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and specialized training in the field of special educational needs.
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the academic and personal growth of a student with SEN.
If you are interested in this rewarding position, please contact Gulzar Kilinc at SANZA Teaching by calling (phone number removed) or emailing (url removed). This exceptional role offers a chance to contribute positively to a student's educational journey.