SEN Teaching Assistant - Greenwich
- Primary School
- 80- 95 a day depending on experience
Empowering-Learning are working with Primary Schools in Greenwich and surrounding areas who are looking for full-time SEN Teaching Assistants to start ASAP and after October half-term!
Some of the pupils you will be supporting will have various SEND needs, experience of supporting different needs would be desirable but not essential. You will play a key role in supporting the pupils with communication, learning, and independence, in a safe and inclusive environment to help their development.
Job Responsibilities of a SEN Teaching Assistant
- Supporting pupils with various SEND
- Supervising pupil's behaviour and encouraging positive behaviour in the classroom.
- Encourage and support the children in their learning and development.
- Support social interaction.
- Helping the teacher prepare for lessons and plan activities.
- Monitoring student progress.
Job Requirements of a SEN Teaching Assistant
- Experience supporting children with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with special educational needs.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience supporting individuals in other sectors (Support Work, Care etc.)
- Passion and desire to work in either Mainstream or SEND learning environments
- Initiative, willingness and hands on approach
- Enhanced DBS on the Update Service or willingness to apply for one
When working with Empowering Learning Ltd you will benefit from:
- Dedicated consultants with a wealth of experience committed to finding the right role and setting for you, who will support you during your assignment.
- Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience
- A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online
- Access to additional training and workshops for free - Exploring SEND, Team Teach, Cover Supervision Training
Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Apply now to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Greenwich!