SEN Teaching Assistant Greenwich, South East London ASAP Start
Are you passionate about the development of children?
Would you like to make an impact on the education environment?
Do you have experience working with challenging behaviour?
A lovely alternative provision based in Wood Green is looking for a passionate teaching assistant to join their SEN team. The school are looking for someone motivated to making a difference in the lives of young people and providing excellent care whilst in your presence.
This alternative provision based in Wood Green is a primary school. They focus on the socialisation of their students ensuring they are creating an environment where everyone can flourish. The school cater for students aged 4 to 19 with special educational needs and disabilities, equipping children with a 'suitcase' of skills to help them grow.
Throughout their journey, learners achieve academically and develop independence, life and work skills that will help to prepare them for further education and employment.
They pride themselves on creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and where learners can overcome challenges to play active roles at home, at school and in the local community. Their learners face many obstacles, but we ensure they succeed in the classroom and in life.
- Liaise with the class teacher where required
- Reporting any issues, in line with school policy and procedure
- Communicating effectively with children, staff, parents, and carers where necessary
- Looking after students emotional, physical, and social well being
- Experience of working 1:1 or with small groups.
- Experience of using visual resources, including visual timetables; now & next boards; check lists
- Experience of/training in phonics & early reading
If you're interested, please do not hesitate to apply or contact Chloe at Remedy Education