SEN Teaching Assistant
Full Time (Monday-Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm)
January 2024 Start
At Career Teachers we are currently working with an Ofsted rated "Good" primary school in Chesterfield who currently require a SEN Teaching Assistant to join their successful team in January 2024. This is initially a temporary role, with the opportunity to then go onto a permanent contract. The role is to provide 1-1 support a pupil with autism.
- Experience working with children and young people with additional learning needs such as non-verbal Autism on a 1-1 basis.
- A recognised teaching assistant qualification such as Level 2, Level 3 or a degree in education or transferable skills.
- Team Teach Training preferred, but not essential.
- Confident in managing challenging behaviours, defusing situations, and making a calm and positive environment for students to progress in.
- A calm, patient manner with a positive can-do attitude.
- Experience assisting non-verbal students using visual aids such as PECs and Makaton would be advantageous.
- You will be working with the class teacher and other members of support staff to ensure that the pupil receives the care required to cater for their unique needs.
- You must be able to build trusting and meaningful relationships and ensure that they are engaged in learning and activities.
- This is a full-time role starting this September, we are looking for a committed and passionate teaching assistant who is looking to join a successful team of practitioners and really make a difference!
What Career Teachers can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay for you.
- Access to outstanding continual opportunities for CPD and training courses such as Team Teach, Makaton, PECs and behaviour management.
- Support from your dedicated consultant and the whole team.
A little something extra for you:
We offer a refer a friend scheme with incentives. If you know someone who is looking for a new role please pass on our details and we will thank you with 100 of Love2Shop vouchers for every teacher or teaching assistant who registers and then works 10 days for Career Teachers.
Think this job is for you? Apply Now!
Contact: Rebecca English
Email: (url removed)
Phone number: (phone number removed)
Important Notice: To apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Career Teachers is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Career Teacher's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Career Teachers are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school, then the client will not be charged.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.