SEN Teaching Assistant - 1:1 Support
Location - Accrington
Are you passionate about supporting children's learning and development? We're seeking a dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant to join the team at a Primary School in Accrington.
Position: SEN Teaching Assistant - Minimum of Level 2 required (Level 3 preferred)
Role Overview: As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing tailored support to students with special educational needs. Working closely with the class teacher and SENCO, you will assist in implementing individual education plans (IEPs) and supporting the overall learning and social development of students.
- Work closely with students on a one-to-one basis or in small groups to support their learning needs.
- Assist in managing challenging behaviour aswell as supporting leaning.
- Collaborate with the class teacher to create a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Monitor and track the progress of students, providing feedback to the teacher and SENCO.
- Support students in developing social skills and building confidence.
- Assist in managing classroom behaviour and promoting a positive learning atmosphere.
- Relevant experience working with children with special educational needs.
- A patient and empathetic approach, with a genuine passion for supporting children's learning.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with teachers and parents.
- Relevant qualifications or certifications in SEN support or education (desirable but not essential).
- Ability to adapt to the varying needs of individual students and differentiate learning accordingly.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'