Start - ASAP
Veritas are working with a behaviour school based in Dorking, Surrey. The school caters for ages 9 - 16 and support students with a range of special needs. Many of the students have social and emotional difficulties are on the autistic spectrum and follow EHCP's.
The school are looking for a committed TA to join their team in January. The school are looking for staff that can commit long term. An individual with previous SEMH experience is desirable but not essential. The role will involve teaching small groups of students under the instruction of the class teacher and working 1:1 with key students.
This is a very challenging environment and will require resilience and strong behaviour management skills. Certificates in Team teach / prevent/ MAPA is desirable. Responsibilities will include monitoring behaviour, helping to develop learning, social and communication skills and providing feedback to SLT.
The school is based close to an underground & mainline station. There is great access to many local bus routes. There is very limited parking at the school, so they work on a first come, first serve basis.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Team Teach or MAPA restraint training
- Professional manor, committed and resilient
- Enthusiastic and friendly approach
- Strong behaviour management skills and a good sense of humour
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Harry at Veritas Education on (url removed).
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'