Job Title: Primary Teaching Assistant - Year 2 and Year 3 (SEMH Focus).
Location: Bradford, BD12.
Contract Type: Full-Time.
Start Date: As soon as possible for the right person.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at with us at Accelerate Teaching, for a Primary Teaching Assistant to join a team at a primary school located in Bradford, BD12. The successful candidate will work primarily in Year 2 and Year 3, providing essential support to all pupils and specifically focusing on those with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
- Provide general classroom support in Year 2 and Year 3 settings.
- Work closely with pupils with SEMH needs to ensure their academic and emotional development.
- Collaborate with teachers to implement individualised support plans.
- Assist in the creation and adaptation of learning materials to meet diverse needs.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Previous experience working in a school setting is essential.
- Experience working with children aged 6-9 (Year 2 and Year 3).
- Strong understanding of SEMH and strategies to support children with challenging behaviour.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teachers and other support staff.
- A patient and empathetic approach to working with children.
- Minimum of a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Additional training or qualifications related to SEMH support is highly desirable.
- Full-time position.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Opportunities for professional development and training via our partnership with The National College.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are suitable for this role to Sarah at (url removed).
Accelerate Teaching is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated and passionate individual to our team, making a positive impact on the lives of the children we support.