Job Title: Secondary School SEMH Teaching Assistant
Start Date: September 2023
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent (Term Time only)
Salary: Competitive, based on qualifications and experience
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young people with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs? We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Secondary School SEMH Teaching Assistant to join our team starting in September
- Provide tailored support to students with SEMH needs, both in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Assist the class teacher in planning and delivering engaging and inclusive lessons.
- Promote positive behavior management strategies, fostering a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Monitor student progress and provide feedback to the teaching staff.
- Collaborate with the school's SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) to develop individualized support plans for students.
- Work closely with external agencies, parents, and carers to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Relevant experience working with students with SEMH needs, preferably in a secondary school setting.
- A strong understanding of SEMH conditions and strategies to support students effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build rapport with students, staff, and parents/carers.
- Patience, resilience, and a nurturing approach when working with challenging behaviors.
- A commitment to promoting inclusion, equality, and diversity in the school community.
- A recognized qualification in supporting students with special educational needs is an advantage (e.g., NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant, CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools).
Why Join Us:
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students with SEMH needs.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
To Apply: If you are passionate about supporting students with SEMH needs and would like to join our dedicated team, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role to Jessica.
Twenty 4 Seven is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. This will need to be registered on the Update Service.
We look forward to receiving your application.