Science Teacher at SEMH Secondary School
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Salary: 28,000 - 43,685
Start Date: September 2023
Are you an experienced and passionate Science Teacher with a proven track record of working with students with Special Educational Needs? Are you committed to making a real difference to the lives of young people?
Prospero teaching are working with a special school based in Hulme, who work with 11- to 16-year-olds with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs to offer them a safe and tailored learning environment.
This school is currently looking for an experienced Qualified Science Teacher to join their school from September.
- Rated 'Good' by Ofsted in their most recent inspection
- A supportive and inclusive community, with a focus on positive behaviour and student wellbeing
- A commitment to personalised learning, tailored to meet the individual needs of each student
- Specialist provision for students with SEMH needs, including therapeutic support and pastoral care
- Fully funded training and qualifications available
Science Teacher Key Requirements:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with a specialism in Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Will consider Primary trained teachers with a Science specialism
- ECT are welcome to apply for this role
- Ideally you will have experience teaching Science to students with Special Educational Needs (SEN), preferably SEMH
- Experienced in teaching GCSE Science to a range of learners
- A passion for championing students with SEND
- Strong knowledge of the national curriculum for Science
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
- A commitment to continuous professional development (CPD) and a willingness to learn and develop new skills
The role is to start in September 2023, and will run for the academic year, the role will be advertised as a permanent position, which you would be welcome to apply for.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS, PGCE or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a UK school.
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year is desirable but not essential as Prospero Teaching offer free a course.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to (url removed) or call the office on (phone number removed).
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.