Job Title: Roofing Tutor / Skills Coach
Location: Aldrige, Walsall
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Juniper are an innovative, flexible and experienced provider in delivering training solutions to individuals and businesses in Wolverhampton and throughout the Midlands. We are listed on the Governments Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers and are rated as GOOD by Ofsted in all areas of provision.
Job Outline & Purpose
- To deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups of apprentices & students, and development on a one-to one basis.
- To assess occupational qualifications & competency in either Waterproofing, Slating and Tiling or Sheeting and Cladding disciplines.
- Ensure excellent apprentice/student attendance, retention and achievement.
- To support students to develop their English and maths skills
Key Responsibilities& Tasks:
- To deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to apprentices and Study Programme students
- To develop, plan and deliver a programme of training that leads to good outcomes
- To deliver inspiring training that meets criteria and standards for apprenticeship & Study Programme
- To manage apprentices and their Individual Learning Programmes, closely monitor and review progress
- To ensure that training delivered meets employers' needs
- To conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set apprentices appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
- To assess portfolios and provide regular supportive, developmental feedback
- To conduct and document meaningful reviews of progress
- Conduct timely one-to-one visits with apprentices in the workplace and support and facilitate progress
- Ensure that apprentices' attendance & retention targets are met.
- To achieve targets to meet contractual obligations.
- Full driving licence with access to a car
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in roofing
- English & Maths at Level 2 standard (GCSE)
- To deliver effective training sessions to groups
- To work one-to-one and set challenging targets to apprentices/students
- To be an excellent communicator
- To persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- To build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- To assess work and complete observations against standards and criteria
- To work well under pressure
- To work to targets & deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
- To remain positive, with an engaging personality and can-do attitude
- Excellent organisation skills - diary management and ability to work on own initiative
- To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
- To devise individual learning plans for apprentices/students
Within 12 Months:
Level 3 Teaching qualification (Juniper supported & training provided)
Assessor qualification (Juniper supported & training provided)
Whilst teaching/assessing experience would be advantageous, full training can be provided for applicants with the right level of occupational (roofing) experience.
- Understanding of apprenticeship programmes
- Recent occupational competence in Waterproofing, Tiling and Slating and/or Sheeting and Cladding disciplines
- Of delivering training to 16 + and adults
- Working with apprentices
- Coaching and mentoring
This role profile is intended to provide a guide to the main duties and responsibilities involved in the post at the date it was drawn up; it does not provide an exhaustive list.
Juniper changes to meet demands of customers and stakeholders, therefore duties within job roles are also subject to change from time-to-time. This role profile will be regularly reviewed and updated, and staff are expected to employ a flexible approach to their work to adapt to these changes.
Changes made will be within the scope and grading of the post and are a common occurrence.
Please click the APPLY button to send through your CV and cover letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience and job titles of; Tutor, Head of Careers, Head of Courses, College Team Leader, College Trust Coordinator, Volunteer Recruitment Officer, College Recruiter, College Selection, Assessor, Apprenticeship Assessor, Employment Tutor, General Administration, College Assessor, Course Promoter, Business Development, Customer Relationship Officer, English Tutor, Development Tutor, Academic Tutor, Tutor, Student Support Tutor, Learning Support, Support Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, Learning Guidance Advisor, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Student Support, Learning Advisor, Learner Support, Guidance Advisor, Support Worker, Learning Assistant , Assessor, Trainer, Numeracy Teacher, Learning Lecturer, Support Lecturer, Maths Teacher, Education Lead, Newly Qualified Teacher may also be considered for this role.