Job Title: Roma-Speaking Teaching Assistant
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contract Type: Permanent (Trail basis through Academics)
Salary: 400- 500 per week
Are you fluent in Roma and passionate about making a difference in the lives of primary school children? We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Roma-speaking Teaching Assistant to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist the class teacher in delivering engaging lessons and activities to support the learning of Roma-speaking students.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students who require additional assistance in understanding and completing tasks.
- Help create a supportive and inclusive learning environment where all students feel valued and respected.
- Collaborate with other staff members to develop and implement strategies for supporting Roma-speaking students' academic and social-emotional development.
- Communicate effectively with students, teachers, and parents/carers to ensure that the needs of Roma-speaking students are understood and met.
- Fluent in Roma language.
- Hold a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or have relevant experience working in a similar role.
- Passionate about working with children and supporting their educational journey.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is permanent and will be on a trial basis through Academics agency. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary ranging from 400 to 500 per week, depending on experience and qualifications.
If you are a motivated and caring individual with a desire to make a positive impact in the lives of young learners, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV!
Application Deadline: 19/02/2024
Academics is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.