A primary school in Carlisle is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support their Reception class.
The position is full time, working Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 3.30pm. This role is a general TA position, supporting the class teacher and pupils within Reception. Some one to one and group work will also be required to suit the needs of the pupils in the class.
Duties will include:
- Preparing activities and lessons
- Delivering sessions to small groups
- Supervising and providing particular support and encouragement for pupils, including those with special needs
- Ensuring pupils safety and access to learning activities
- Implementing IEPs
Teaching Assistant Key Information:
- Carlisle area
- Monday to Friday - 8.30am until 3.30pm
- 11.77 per hour
- To start immediately on an ongoing basis with the likelihood of this becoming a permanent role.
- Minimum of Teaching Assistant level 2 qualification
- Experience and knowledge of EYFS
- Phonics and intervention knowledge and experience
- Adaptable and flexible to support the class teacher and to suit needs of pupils.
- Available full time for the duration of the assignment
If you would like more information about this role or to discuss other positions available in the local area, please apply with a current CV or contact Sarah Maclachlan at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'