Reading Lab Tutors (Stoke-on-Trent)
The Children s Literacy Charity is a registered charity working alongside pupils who struggle to read and write. Our vision is to close the literacy gap for all disadvantaged children, enabling them to achieve their true potential.
We are looking for skilled Reading Lab Tutors to work a minimum of 2 days a week to deliver our Reading Lab programmes. The successful candidates will tutor small groups of children on a one-to-three basis in primary schools.
We have vacancies in Stoke, Werrington, Burslem and Lighwood and there is potential for the right candidate to work across two schools (4 days pw).
You will tutor 15 pupils twice a week on our 10-week catch up reading comprehension programme. Full training and induction will be provided along with ongoing support.
Tutor Key Responsibilities:
- Deliver one-to-three sessions based on the Reading Lab intervention programme
- Build a supportive and encouraging relationship with the pupils you are tutoring, helping them to reach their potential and gain in confidence
- Undertake assessments and review for all pupils
- Maintain records of pupil progress
- Establish, develop and maintain a good relationship with school personnel. Act as an advocate for the charity, maintaining a high profile within the school.
- An experienced Tutor/Teacher/High Level Teaching Assistant
- Experienced in working with or supporting primary aged pupils
- Able to demonstrate empathy, understanding and patience towards children who require additional support
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys working under own initiative
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, web browsing and email communications).
These roles are initially for one term due to funding but has potential to be extended up to a year. The role is 2 days pw, term time only and the rate is £100-£110 per day depending on skills & experience. Start date will be around early April for the Summer term.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in so please apply as soon as possible.